Banana Bread is not just for breakfast. Our savory banana bread croutons add a hint of chocolate and sweetness to a peppery mixed greens salad – add some fruit, like strawberries, to compliment the chocolatey crunch!
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9×9” baking pan with Olivio Chocolate Spread. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment or hand mixer, whip Olivio Chocolate Spread with granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and banana on medium low speed.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture. Turn mixer off and stir in by hand chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake approx 45 minutes.
- To make the Banana Bread Croutons, allow loaf to cool and cut into 1”cubes. Sear in a nonstick pan over medium low heat, evenly toasting all six sides until golden brown. Allow to cool on a paper towel. Most delicious when served warm in a sweet and savory salad.