- Preheat oven to 350*. Butter an 8×8″ baker with Olivio.
- In a small pot, melt 4 oz of Olivio Buttery Spread with the Bittersweet Chocolate. Off the heat, mix in 1 cup granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gently fold in flour. Mix until just combined and add walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared baker and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes or until the surface has a little spring when tapped with your finger.
- While the Olivio Brownies bake, prepare the salted caramel.
- In a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan combine ½ cup granulated sugar, a pinch cream of tartar, and 3 Tbs Water.
- Cook on high, swirling (not stirring) to dissolve the sugar until it turns a deep amber color (5 min)
- Remove from heat and whisk in 1 Tbs Spreadable Butter and heavy cream.
- Return to heat and simmer until thick and glossy, about 30 seconds.
- Add sea salt off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Slice brownies, layer in a glass cup with vanilla ice-cream and salted caramel.
- Finish with salted caramel whipped cream, salted caramel drizzle and toasted walnuts
The caramel sauce will bubble when we add the cream, so be sure to choose a sauce pan with tall sides.
The acidity of the cream of tartar helps prevent crystals from forming, insuring a stress free, smooth caramel.