Learn more about our family of products!
Original Buttery Spread FAQs
Q: Why use Olivio® instead of real butter?
- In addition to an elevated taste, Olivio spreads have less fat, fewer calories, and zero cholesterol compared to regular butter and margarine. Each spread and spray is made from the highest quality ingredients.
- In particular, Olivio’s Light Buttery Spread contains half the total fat, and calories of traditional butter and margarine per serving, while the Original Buttery Spray contains zero calories and no fat per serving.
Q: How are Olivio’s spreads different from margarine?
- Unlike Margarine, Olivio spreads contain less than 80% vegetable oils, which makes our products a healthier choice. Olivio uses a blend of oils including canola, palm, and olive oil. We formulate all of our products with this specific blend to ensure the absolute best flavor and texture.
Q: Are Olivio® products non-GMO?
- New Olivio Vegan Buttery Spread, which is 100% plant-based, is non-GMO. We offer a non-GMO Olivio Coconut Spread as well.
Q: Do Olivio® products contain dairy?
- Yes, most Olivio products contain dairy. Those with dairy and lactose sensitivities can enjoy our new Olivio Vegan Buttery Spread and Olivio Coconut Spread, which are dairy-free.
Q: Why do Olivio® products contain soy and soybean?
- Soy lecithin, an ingredient found in Olivio spreads and sprays, is often used in products like chocolate, margarine, cheese, etc. to keep ingredients from separating and clumping. For Olivio’s spreads, the soy lecithin helps to keep the buttery, creamy consistency that consumers know and love.
- Our Olivio Vegan Buttery Spread and Olivio Buttery Spray contain soybean oil.
Q: Are Olivio® products organic?
- While Olivio products are not organic, the new Vegan Spread and Coconut spread are non-GMO.
Q: Why does Olivio® use a vegetable oil blend?
- Olivio products use a blend of oils including canola, palm, and olive oil. We formulate all of our products with this specific, proprietary blend to ensure the absolute best flavor and texture – but we ALWAYS make sure to include olive oil in our recipes (even if it’s not the main ingredient) because we truly believe in its incredible health benefits.
Q: Do Olivio® products need to be refrigerated?
- Yes, Olivio Buttery Spreads should be refrigerated both before and after opening.
Q: Where can I buy Olivio®?
- Olivio products are available at traditional grocery stores. To find a store near you, please visit our store locator: https://olivio.com/product-locator/
Q: Does Olivio® have any recipes available?
- Yes! Olivio offers fast, fun, simple, and delicious recipes that are always made with the goodness of olive oil including pizza, bread, cookies, dinners, veggie dishes, and more. Discover Olivio’s family recipes at www.olivio.com/recipes
Q: How did the company start?
- Olivio was created in 1993 to help bring the goodness of olive oil to everyday foods with the full flavor of butter. Born in the vineyards of founders Ned and Lee’s family villa in Tuscany, Olivio was created to encourage others to use more olive oil in their daily lives. Olivio is the first buttery spread in America to be made with golden, delicious olive oil.
Q: Where can I find more information on Olivio®?
- For more information, feel free to continue to look around Olivio’s website at www.olivio.com
Vegan Buttery Spread FAQs
Q: What is the Olivio® Vegan Buttery Spread and how can it be used?
- Vegan Buttery Spread is a clean-label buttery spread – dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, with all the butter flavor you want, and without the ingredients, you don’t. It can be used in place of butter for spreading, baking, frying, and sautéing.
Q: Why would someone use Olivio® Vegan Buttery Spread instead of another leading brand of vegan spread or butter?
- In addition to an elevated taste, Olivio Vegan has less fat, fewer calories, and zero cholesterol compared to regular butter and margarine. Olivio Vegan is also gluten-free and non-GMO. Additionally:
- 0g Trans Fat * see nutrition information
- No MSG
- Excellent source of ALA Omega 3 fatty acids
- Contains 400 mg of ALA per serving, which is 25% of the 1.6g Daily Value for ALA
Q: Is it non-GMO?
- Olivio Vegan Buttery Spread is non-GMO.
Q: Is it organic?
- While Olivio products are not organic, the new Vegan Spread is non-GMO.
Q: Is it kosher?
- Yes, it is Kosher Pareve.
Q: Is Olivio® Vegan Buttery Spread dairy-free?
- Yes, the Vegan spread is dairy-free, 100% plant-based, and vegan.
Q: Is Olivio® Vegan Buttery Spread soy-free?
- No, Vegan contains soybean oil in the oil blend.
Q: Is Olivio® Vegan Buttery Spread gluten-free?
- Yes! Olivio® Vegan Buttery Spread is gluten-free.
Q: Does Olivio have any recipes available for the Vegan Buttery Spread?
- Yes! Olivio offers fast, fun, simple, and delicious recipes that are always made with the goodness of olive oil including pizza, bread, cookies, dinners, veggie dishes, and more. Most recipes made with Olivio Original spread can be made instead with Olivio’s Vegan Buttery Spread, with some substitutions. See more at olivio.com/recipes