More is better when it comes to this classic stand by. Serve these as a colorful alternative to the classic mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving or whip these up the next time you have neighbors over for a game day sit down. Our Bacon and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes are hearty enough to stand on their own and healthy enough to keep your cholesterol and saturated fat in check thanks to the benefits of Olivio and California Olive Oil.
- Preheat oven to 400* and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Scrub baking potatoes under cold running water. Gently pat dry and puncture multiple times with a fork and rub the skin generously with Olivio Buttery Spread. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- As soon as the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the inside of the potato and place in a large bowl. Line the potato skin boats back on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- While the potato is still hot in the mixing bowl, add 6 Tbs of Olivio and use a fork to mix. Add milk, sour cream, and ½ cup cheese and mix with the fork. Season with half the green onion, salt and pepper.
- Carefully, restuff the potato skin halves with the potato mixture. Top each half with the remaining shredded cheese, bacon bits and paprika.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted on top and is bubbling. Serve hot with a an extra spoonful of sour cream and sprinkling of sliced green onion. Enjoy!