Add a little heft to snack time with this delicious, cheesy stromboli. Our famous pizza dough recipe, made with real Olive Oil is the perfect foundation for this fun appetizer. Running short on time? A simple ball of dough from your local grocery store also works wonders. While you are there, don’t forget to pick up another bottle of Olivio Buttery Spray. That’s the perfect way to bring delicious flavor and healthy buttery goodness to this comfort dish!
- Preheat oven to 375* degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll Olivio pizza dough into an oblong shape approx 16” long by 12” wide and ¼” thick.
- Arrange toppings along 2/3 the dough widthwise, leaving 2” of room on either end.
- Brush the remaining 1/3 dough with egg wash.
- Starting along the edge with the toppings, begin to carefully roll the Stromboli crosswise. Use your fingers to keep the toppings gently tucked in. Once you have rolled the dough half way, tuck in the ends as you would roll a burrito.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, laying seam side down.
- Season the top surface of the Stromboli with Olivio Buttery Spray, salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife, carefully score the surface on the diagonal every 2 ½ inches.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the surface is golden brown. Slice into 1 1/2” strips and serve warm.