Eat one, freeze one. You really can “have your cake and eat it too” with this outstanding recipe loaded with the rich buttery goodness of Olivio and California Olive Oil. Olivio Buttery Spread adds Omega-3s and keeps saturated fat and cholesterol down. Are you on dessert duty this holiday? Make people smile when you serve them a slice of this delicious Chocolate Cake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour two 8×8 bakers, lining the bottoms of each with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the Olivio Buttery Spread with the granulated sugar until smooth and incorporated. Add the vanilla and eggs and blend for another 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the coco powder into the hot water and then add the heavy cream.
- With the mixer on low, add half the dry mixture, followed by half the coco mixture. Repeat and beat 30 seconds longer on low speed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bakers and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the center of the cake.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before flipping out onto a wire rack.
If you plan to freeze one, try wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and then inserting it into a large ziplock. This will keep the flavors and texture fresh for up to 4 weeks.