Spring is here and that means fresh produce is as bountiful as ever. Grab what catches your eye, this just a starting point for delicious flavor. Don’t forget the pound of pasta and Olivio Buttery Spread for a delicious, family friendly dinner! Let us know what you think.
- Heat 4 Tbs Olivio Buttery Spread in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic together and cook for a minute of two until they turn to translucent, then add in the broccoli, stir and add carrots.
- Stir it around and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the red pepper to the skillet and stir for 1 minute and transfer to the plate.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook al dente.
- Add 1 Tbs Olivio to the skillet. Add sqash and zucchini and cook for one minute and transfer to the plate. Cook mushrooms for 1 minute and transfer to plate.
- Now for the sauce! Pour ¼ cup white wine into the skillet and ½ cup chicken broth with a Tablespoon of Olivio and deglaze. Cook 1-2 minutes until liquid starts to thicken.
- Add 1 cup 1/2 & ½, 1 cup whole milk. Melt in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add basil and stir.
- Add vegetables and mushrooms into the sauce with frozen peas. Add Orchiette pasta and stir.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and chopped basil.