The perfect blend between creamy pumpkin and lofty rich cheese, our Pumpkin Ricotta Cheese Cake is the one they will talk about. Ricotta adds a soft density while keeping the flavor balanced between the pumpkin and the cream cheese. Melted Olivio and crushed gingersnaps pulsed with pecans add a spicy bite to the smooth filling. Ready to take this over the top? Whip up a side of our famous salted caramel and pour on top just before serving. A dash of whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed pecans also keep your favorite Turkey happy! Live well and eat well with Olivio. Happy Thanksgiving!
- To make the Gingery Pecan Crust, preheat oven to 350* and prepare a 9” spring form pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Pulse the ginger snap cookies in the bowl of a food processor 10 times. Add the pecans, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon and blend 20 seconds or until finely ground to the texture of coarse sand.
- Transfer the ginger snap mixture into a medium bowl and use a fork to mix in the melted Olivio.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press the gingery pecan mixture into the base of the spring form pan and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the Pumpkin Cream Cheese mixture.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and ricotta with 1 ½ cups brown sugar. Mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pumpkin mixture and gently stir.
- Pour the Cheese Cake batter on top of the ginger pecan crust in the spring form pan and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn the oven off. Leave the cake in the oven with the door propped open with a wooden spoon for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, pull the cake from the oven and allow to cool on a rack for 2 hours. Once the cake has reached room temperature, refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.