Lemon and asparagus are wonderful flavors that always make me think of the early days of spring. This is a remarkably simple dish that comes together in under 20 minutes. Weeknight chic or easy breezy entertaining, look no further. We use Olivio to create a smooth and velvety beurre blanc that is packed with Omega-3s and low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Cod never had it so good!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and toss the asparagus in Olive Oil, Lemon Zest, Salt and Pepper on a baking sheet. Roast 10-15 minutes or until slightly caramelized and tender.
- To make the Olivio Beurre Blanc, simmer on medium heat White Wine, Shallot, Tarragon Sprig and 1 slice of lemon for 8 minutes or until mixture has reduce to 3 Tbs.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids. Return the liquid to low heat and add one tablespoon at a time of Olivio Buttery Spread. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium, non stick pan over medium heat, heat 3 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Generously season both sides of the cod with cracked pepper and kosher salt. Place the skin side down first- this helps keep the flesh from curling. Do not touch for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the filet and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cod is cooked through and flaky.
- Serve on a bed of asparagus and drizzle the Olivio Beurre Blanc generously over filet and on the plate. Enjoy!