Pull out the slow cooker and let’s get ready for a cozy weekend indoors with our heart healthy chili. Packed high with lean ground turkey and loaded with garbanzo and black beans, this chili has a silky texture thanks to healthy pureed butternut squash. A dollop of low fat sour cream and chopped tomatoes keep things bright and a pinch of cilantro makes it real. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350*. Toss the diced butternut squash with Olivio Buttery Spray and season with salt. Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, melt Olivio Buttery Spread in a large sauté pan and brown the turkey meat with cumin.
- Transfer the turkey meat to the slow cooker and return the pan to the burner and sautee onions and garlic for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion mixture to the slow cooker. Then add the chili powder, oregano, garbanzo beans, black beans, green chilis, chicken stock and roasted butternut squash.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Season to taste with salt and serve with a spoonful of sour cream, cilantro and diced tomatoes.