Carbonara in one of our favorite Italian dishes! A pasta dish with a smooth and flavor rich sauce made up of egg, cheese, pancetta and cracked pepper says “ti amo” or “I love you” with every bite. This is a light, healthy version of a comfort classic made with Olivio Buttery Spread and the healthiness of olive oil. Two tablespoons of Olivio give this dish a rich buttery flavor and the cheese and eggs are what star in the creamy texture. AJ and I have been busy after work with spring clean up outside. There is nothing better than coming inside for a delicious bowl of pasta that leaves us inspired and fueled!
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil for the pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta boils, prepare the sauce.
- In a large, shallow skillet, render the pancetta on medium low heat.
- While the pancetta is rendering, in a small bowl whisk together the Parmigiano, Pecorino and eggs. This will be the base of your Carbonara Sauce.
- When the pancetta has rendered and the edges are slightly crisp, add the minced clove of garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add Olivio Buttery Spread to pancetta mixture, melt and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add the pasta to the large, shallow skillet with the pancetta mixture. Toss a few times and quickly add the egg and cheese mixture. The steam from the pasta will cook the eggs and yield a delicious and creamy sauce. Toss in the peas just before serving. Quick! Get it while it’s hot!