Nothing captures the sweet briny flavor of summer in New England for me quite like littleneck clams. This is a no-brainer for a dinner party or outdoor get-together. Either way- fresh off the beach or hand picked off ice from the supermarket, this is a delicious and healthy dish that shines with only THREE ingredients. Remember, Olivio Buttery Spread and Olivio Spray will take your simple summer ingredients to the next level and keep your heart healthy as you play your way through this lovely time of year!
- Preheat the oven broiler, or warm up the grill.
- Using a bristle brush, thoroughly scrub the clams under cold running water and shuck leaving the meat resting on one shell.
- Using a fork in a small bowl, mash together the Olivio Buttery Spread and the fresh Tarragon.
- Arrange the clams in their shell on a baking sheet or platter and place about 1/2 tsp of the Olivio Buttery Spread and Tarragon mixture on each one.
- If using oven, place baking sheet in oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the butter is bubbling and the clams have cooked through. If using grill, place clams directly on grate and watch carefully – remove when butter is melted. Serve hot out of the oven/off the grill with a spoon and a cool refreshment. Happy SUMMER!