Avgolemono Soup is a traditional Greek dish loaded with bright lemon flavor. Egg yolk and pureed rice create a thick and decadent texture and not at the expense of calories and saturated fat. Olivio Buttery Spread and the goodness of California Olive Oil hit the pan first and act as the foundation for an easy soup that will blow your mind!
- In a heavy bottom stock pot or le Crueset over medium heat, melt Olivio Buttery Spread and sauté the yellow onion until they are translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pot with the onion and alow the chicken to absorb the delicious buttery flavor and sweet onion foundation.
- In a blender or mixer, combine 1 cup of chicken stock with 1/2 cup of cooked rice, egg yolks and lemon juice. Blend on high for 30 seconds until rice is smooth.
- Add the remaining stock and rice to the pot and then gently stir in the pureed stock mixture. Bring to a gentle simmer and adjust the seasoning with more lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with a pinch of freshly minced parsley.