There’s nothing like a platter of wings to gather a crowd! Steep saffron in heart healthy Olivio to make the most delicious baste for these crispy snacks. Baked at a high temperature for an extended period of time, this game day snack is lean and mean. If you like your wings crispy and hot, read on. We’ve got your back!
- Begin by preparing the Olivio Saffron Baste. In a 4 qt pot, on medium heat, melt Olivio Spreadable Butter. Continue cooking to allow the water to evaporate from the butter by gently swirling the pan for about 5-6 minutes.
- Immediately, pour the melted Olivio Spreadable Butter into a heat safe bowl and add the saffron. Allow to steep 20 minutes before using. Note: This is a wonderful treat to keep on hand as it keeps in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks. Weeknight pasta…done!
- Preheat oven to 450*. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top. Season your chicken wings generously with kosher salt and white pepper and evenly space on baking rack/sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping once. Note: The high oven temperature plus the extended bake time will render the fat off the wings and leave you with lean, crispy, flavor rich skin. Don’t be afraid when they begin to smoke half way through. Keep going…that just means you are doing it right!
- Remove from oven and generously baste with Olivio Saffron Butter and serve hot. Yum!