Summer isn’t over yet! Let’s fire up the grill and celebrate to sunny days well spent with these delicious and heart healthy turkey burgers. Today, our secret ingredient is a healthy scoop of hummus that packs in flavor and keeps the lean meat moist. Great toppings are abundant this time of year in the produce section. Keep things fresh or try your hand at pickling. Thinly sliced carrots and radishes make a fun and colorful addition to a well stacked burger. What’s your favorite burger topping? We’re always looking for new ideas!
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to combine the ground meat with hummus, 1 Tbs of Olivio Buttery Spread, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Gently form 4 loosely packed patties with the meat and season once more with a pinch of salt and cracked pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Use the remaining 1 Tbs of Olivio Buttery Spread to lightly spread on the inside of the whole wheat hamburger buns.
- Allow the burgers to rest 4 minutes before piling on your favorite toppings.
- Grill Burgers 4 minutes per side, flipping once. Or until the inner temperature reads 165*.
- Lightly toast the buttered buns on the grill as well, to give great depth of flavor.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments!