Pad Thai has always been one of my favorite comfort dishes. While take-out is a nice treat every now and then, I want a recipe that I can count on to deliver nutrition and flavor that I feel good about serving my family. Olivio Coconut Spread is my secret ingredient here! Delivering delicious benefits of Coconut Oil while giving a subtle flavor that balances the dish, this is good-for-you in the comfort of your own home!
- Mix the Pad Thai Sauce in a small bowl by combining tamarind paste, water, fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Soak Pho Noodles in a bowl of hot water (think the temperature you would use to brew tea) for approx 20 minutes or until tender with a slight toothiness. Because these will be tossed with other ingredients in a hot pan you don’t want them to become too soft or they will fall apart and not absorb the delicious flavor we are building.
- In a large heavy bottomed non-stick sauce pan, scramble eggs, then set aside in a small prep dish.
- On medium high heat, add 2 Tbs of Olivio Coconut Spread and sautee sliced chicken breast for about 6 minutes. Add shrimp and toss until just cooked through. When the shrimp are firm and pink, they are cooked. Add sambal olek, garlic and red chili pepper. Toss on medium heat for 2 minutes and allow flavors to blend.
- Add carrot, bean sprouts and green onion to the pan and cook 4 minutes or until carrots are al dente.
- Drain noodles, reserving about ½ cup water. Add noodles to the pan along with the remaining 2 Tbs Olivio Coconut Spread. The Olivio Coconut Spread will keep noodles from sticking and ground the dish with a mild coconut flavor. Add Pad Thai sauce, then toss in basil. Use the reserved water from the noodles if you need a little more “juice” to keep noodles and ingredients moving.
- Garnish individual servings with scrambled egg, chopped peanuts and a wedge of lime.