In the spirit of New Orleans we are turning up the heat today in the kitchen with our Mardi Gras Shrimp Scampi. Oven roasted 15ct shrimp are seasoned with olive oil and a hot and flavor rich homemade Cajun seasoning. Tossed in a delicious scampi pasta, we oven roast instead of boil the shrimp to maintain their sweet buttery flavor and juicy texture. This is a fast weeknight dinner that will certainly leave you feeling festive!
- Preheat oven to 375*. Bring water to a boil for pasta. Rinse and dry shrimp.
- In a small bowl, mix the Cajun seasoning by combining salt, paprika, pepper, cayenne (more or less depending on heat preference), thyme, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss shrimp in 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Cajun seasoning. Spread evenly across baking sheet and roast 10-12 minutes or until pink and slightly firm to the touch (similar to cooked chicken breast).
- Meanwhile boil pasta, al dente. Toothiness is important in the pasta texture as we will be tossing it in a hot pan with the scampi sauce and shrimp, cooking it slightly further.
- In a large sauce pan (big enough to hold 1 lb cooked pasta) make the scampi sauce by melting 1/4 cup Olivio with olive oil over medium low heat. Add shallots and sauté 4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Add white wine and allow the alcohol to cook off for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss into Scampi pan with additional 2 Tbs Olivio Buttery Spread. Pull shrimp from oven and add to the pasta mixture. Don’t hesitate to scrape the delicious seasoning from the baking sheet and add it to the pasta as well! Toss using tongs. Finish with lemon juice, and parsley. Serve immediately.