I can feel the crowd gathering as we pull these from the oven! Our Olivio Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits are a healthy celebration of one of our favorite sides. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, these stand a mile high and are packed with just enough heat to keep things interesting. Light, buttery and loaded with flavor, Olivio brings the goodness and healthiness of olive oil in this SPECTACULAR biscuit. Biscuits are typically loaded with butter which is high in cholesterol and saturated fat. Finally, there is a healthy indulgence, thanks to Olivio!
- Preheat oven to 425*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- Using a pastry knife or your hands, combine the Olivio Buttery Spread with the flour mixture. Do not over mix. You want the texture of coarse, pea size gravel.
- Using a fork, toss the cheddar and jalapeño in with the flour/Olivio mixture. Add the buttermilk mixture and mix loosely with a fork.
- On a lightly floured work surface, lay out the dough and gently press dough into a disk 1 1/2″-2″ thick. Use a biscuit cutter or knife to cut biscuits and place on the prepared baking sheet. Reform remaining dough and repeat.
- Brush lightly with buttermilk and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.