Bacon, kale, melting cheese and hint of nutmeg make this a beautiful centerpiece and hearty side. Put to use last nights baguette and pile in sliced onion and garlic in a delicious and aromatic dish. Olivio and the goodness of Mediterranean Olive Oil add rich buttery flavor and add to your daily count of Omega-3s.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- To make the stuffing, begin by rendering the bacon in a large, non stick pan on medium low heat.
- Add the Olivio Buttery Spread and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the kale and sauté 2 minutes then add the bread. Sauté an additional 2 minutes until the bread has absorbed the butter and bacon drippings and begins to toast.
- Remove from heat and fold in shredded cheese and a 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Gently stuff the mixture in the well of the squash and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the whole milk with the nutmeg and pour over the top of stuffing into the well of squash.
- Bake for 1 1/3 hours and serve warm with a spoon for scooping. Enjoy! Your kitchen will smell like Autumn!