Toasty Ravioli makes the perfect appetizer for a cozy evening in. Crisp and cheesy with a hearty roasted red sauce dip make you feel warm and loved. Use the goodness of Olivio Buttery Spray and the healthiness of Olive Oil to elevate this classic comfort dish to a heart healthy treat. Don’t feel guilty about saving time with store bought ravioli. Less time in the kitchen, means more time with your family and friends, right?
*caution when heating the 3 cups of oil, especially with kiddos around! It can splatter if you aren’t careful – ouch.
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the tomatoes, chopped onion and garlic cloves and spray generously with Olivio Buttery Spray or Olivio Parmesan Spray. Toss a couple times with your hands to ensure all sides are covered.
- Oven roast for 35 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Place in a medium sauté pan and add sugar, salt, red pepper and basil. Use a potato masher to break up the larger pieces of tomato and onion. Cook over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes and then taste and season once more for salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, arrange 3 low rimmed dishes. Place the all purpose flour in the first, the whisked eggs with milk in the second and breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in the third bowl.
- In a medium saute pan, preheat the pure olive oil to 350*. Dip the ravioli first in the flour, then dip in the egg batter and finally dredge through the parmesan panko mixture. Fry in small batches in the Olive Oil 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh shaved parmesan and serve hot with the hearty red sauce for dipping.
I like the sauce to have a hearty texture. If you like a smooth texture, put the tomatoes, onion and garlic in a food processor or blender after they have roasted. Then return to the sauté pan and add the sugar, salt, red pepper and basil over medium low heat.