- Gently blend all dry ingredients together in mixing bowl of an electric mixer using the dough hook attachment.
- In a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, combine 1 1/4 cup hot water with 1/2 cup olive oil.
With mixer on low, slowly pour water/oil mixture down the side of mixing bowl.
- Blend until dough comes away from sides of bowl and begins to form a ball. Add oil, not water, if more liquid is needed. I like to let the hook help me knead for approx. 5 minutes.
- Take ball of dough and knead a few times by hand on counter surface and then re-shape into a ball.
- Put some oil in the mixing bowl and put the ball of dough in the bowl. Turn the dough a few times and flip it over so that it is completely covered with oil.
- Cover the bowl with a clean dish towel and let rise in a warm location for approx. 30 minutes while preparing your toppings .
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil down on clean, smooth counter surface and roll the dough out as thin as possible (about 1/8″ thick)
- Pre bake for about 5 minutes.
- Add toppings (remember: less is better than more on a thin crispy crust)
- Final bake time should take less then 5 minutes.