Just because we call it “Comfort Food”, doesn’t mean it can’t also be healthy. We lighten things up in this classic Shrimp Parm comfort dish with zucchini “noodles” and sautéed shrimp. No worries, friends, delicious buttery flavor is at an all time high thanks to Olivio Buttery Spread and the goodness of California Olive Oil. Our secret to the perfectly balanced dish is the breaded and pan fried mozzarella medallions in pure olive oil. They are crisp and oozy and keep you going back for more.
- Make your red sauce by sautéing onions in 2 Tbs Olivio Buttery spread until translucent. Add 2 cloves garlic, tomatoes, Italian herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 8-10 minutes on medium low heat until tomatoes have broken down. Set aside.
- Prepare the mozzarella medallions by placing the flour, eggs and panko bread crumbs each in their own low rimmed baking dish. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Dip the mozzarella medallion first in the flour, then dredge through the egg and panko. Dredge a second time in the egg and panko to get a nice, thick coat of breading.
- Pan fry the breaded mozzarella about 1 minute on each side or until a light, crispy golden brown. Pull from pan and allow to drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Discard all but 2 Tbs of Olive Oil and add shrimp to the hot pan. Add 1 clove garlic and sautee 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and Olivio Buttery Spread and continue to cook until the wine has reduced in half and the shrimp are firm and pink. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add the lemon juice to brighten the flavors. Remove from heat and place in a serving dish.
- Using the same, seasoned pan, add the Zucchini noodles and sautee 3-4 minutes until al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To plate, begin with a spoonful of red sauce, top with a serving of zucchini, a crispy mozzarella medallion and 5-6 shrimp. Garnish with grated parmesan.