Fall means more butternut squash! Rich in vitamins and nutrients and loaded with delicious and creamy seasonal flavor, this is a great ingredient that keeps well in the pantry and is easy to spin into some of our most favorite recipes. This slow cooker chili is rich and creamy and has a depth of flavor and texture thanks to seasonal ingredients and the goodness of Olivio Buttery Spread.
You can either do the dump and cook method, or if you have some time, build flavor first with the following steps:
- Melt 3 Tbs Olivio Buttery Spread in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions to pan and stir, cooking until the mixture starts to be fragrant and onions begin to soften. If garlic starts to brown, turn heat down so you don’t create a burnt flavor!
- Add ground turkey and brown.
- Add the entire contents of the pan into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chili and cumin seasonings onto mixture, then add green chilis, kidney beans, vegetables, and chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir all of the contents until it looks well mixed.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, checking butternut squash with a fork for tenderness.
- Enjoy a big bowl knowing you’re getting vegetables, lean protein and a helping of the goodness of olive oil!