Wherever you find yourself this Thanksgiving, these holiday appetizers will leave you feeling extra thankful. We brought together some of our favorite flavors of the holiday in a single bite. Mild turkey paired with earthy sage and a zing of cranberry is balanced beautifully by the rich buttery flavor of Olivio. Grab a toothpick and don’t be shy. The bird awaits!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with bread crumbs, 3 Tbs Olivio Buttery Spread, ricotta, egg, salt and sage. Mix gently with a fork until just incorporated.
- Form meat mixture into 3/4″ balls and place on tray.
- On medium heat, add 2 Tbs Olivio Buttery Spread to a large skillet. Gently add turkey meatballs in three batches, careful not to overcrowd. Carefully turn with two forks to evenly brown on all sides. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, sugar, cranberries, salt, zest, ginger, and apple cider vinegar in a medium pot. Simmer on medium heat for approximately 10-15 minutes until berries have all split open. Off heat, stir in cayenne and adjust seasoning to taste. Transfer mixture to a strainer over a large saute pan. Press remaining juice thru with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Be sure to scrape the outside of the strainer to include the fine pulp.
- Heat Cranberry Glaze and medium heat and allow to reduce and thicken. The mixture should be the consistency of thick syrup. Add the Turkey Meatballs to the Glaze, heating through and spooning the glaze over the top. Transfer to a warm bowl. You may want to spoon extra glaze on top or have a bowl on the side, ready for an extra dip. Toothpicks are the perfect utensil for these little bites.