This dish is a nice way to introduce the feel of pasta into a meal, but without the starch and gluten. It is great for a weeknight meal, because it cooks in less than three minutes…no need to rush, savor the moment.
- Cut the zucchini in long ribbons, using a mandolin or a knife. Cut the ribbons lengthwise, into 3-5 strands depending on the size of the zucchini, so that you have fettucine-like strands.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tsp. of Olivio spread and the smashed garlic. Add the zucchini strands and stir. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to taste. Add 2 tbs. water and stir occasionally for another minute or until the zucchini is crisp tender or “al dente.”
- Remove to a plate, top with grated parmesan cheese, and serve. Enjoy.
- A mandolin or Japanese benriner makes quick work of cutting the zucchini in ribbons.
- Using smashed garlic cloves is a great way to add flavor to a dish without having to mince anything. You just have to remove the smashed garlic pieces before serving.